Ipomoea tricolor 'Heavenly Blue'
20% off selected flower seed
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: sky-blue
- Other features: mid-green leaves; the seeds are highly toxic if ingested
- Hardiness: tender
- Garden care: Soak the seeds in water for 24 hours before sowing to soften them up and then plant 2.5mm deep into small pots filled with a freely draining compost. Keep them at around 20°C and water when necessary. Thin out carefully when large enough to handle taking care not to damage the roots and harden off before planting out after all frosts.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 85 seeds.
Vibrant, azure-blue, trumpet-shaped flowers, each with a white eye, open in the morning and last just one day, but appear in a continuous stream throughout the summer. This is a spectacular annual or short-lived perennial climber, that is ideal for training over a pergola or arch in a sunny, sheltered site.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.