love lies bleeding
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: crimson-purple
- Hardiness: tender
Small crimson-purple flowers form tassel-like panicles, which can grow to 60cm long and seem to drip from the branches in profusion throughout summer and early autumn. An interesting and exotic looking annual, that looks super as the centrepiece in a seasonal display. The flowers last well after being cut and added to fresh or dried arrangements. minimalist garden.
- Garden care:Provide protection from frost and sow 1mm deep into good seed compost. When they are large enough to handle, thin them out and pot them on individually. Pinching out the growing tips will encourage bushier growth. After all frost has passed, gradually harden off and plant outside in a sunny, sheltered spot with rich soil. Allow at least 30cm between each plant. Keep the plants well watered and feed regularly during the growing season.
- Sow: March-May
- Flowering: July-September
- Approximate quantity: 2200 seeds.
There are currently no articles for this item.