Euonymus fortunei 'Emerald 'n' Gold'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Clusters of insignificant, green flowers appear in May and June among small, lustrous, green leaves with yellow margins. This popular, bushy, variegated, evergreen shrub makes excellent groundcover and is a mainstay of low-maintenance gardens, but it also makes a good foil for more ornamental, golden-leaved shrubs. It is tough and will thrive in any well-drained border in sun or partial shade.
- Garden care: Tip prune young plants in mid to late spring to encourage bushy growth and apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant. Remove any plain green-leaved shoots as soon as they appear, cutting them back to the original branch.
- Harmful if eaten
There are currently no articles for this item.