Viburnum tinus 'Eve Price'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: December to April
- Flower colour: pinkish-white
- Other features: the fruits can cause a mild stomach-ache if ingested
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Flattened heads of pinkish-white flowers, opening from carmine-pink buds from December to April, followed by dark blue-black fruit. This popular form of laurustinus is denser and more compact than the species. Thriving in sun or shade, the shiny, dark green foliage provides an excellent evergreen backdrop for ornamental and feature plants.
- Garden care: Remove any over-vigorous shoots that threaten the shape of established specimens in early summer, cutting them well back to within the plant's outline.
An organic garden should also be a wildlife-friendly garden. Not only is it wonderful to see nature at work, but many creatures will help you achieve better results. The ponds in my garden act as a magnet to dragonflies and...Read full article