Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A useful plant for the edge of a shady border, ajuga also makes good groundcover as it soon knits together to form an evergreen carpet. This one has multi-coloured, evergreen foliage with wine red splashes and cream margins and dense, upright spires of deep blue flowers in spring. Tolerates sun or shade and poor soils, but does not like to dry out.
- Garden care: To rejuvenate and minimise congestion, lift and divide clumps in late autumn or early spring every two years.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Ajuga reptans 'Burgundy Glow':
Very good for ground cover in a shady area. Spreads quickly.
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless
There are currently no articles for this item.