- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
In late spring and early summer, mounds of deeply divided, softly hairy foliage is topped with elegant, lilac-backed white flowers that have a central cluster of deep purple-blue anthers. Very effective when planted in large numbers where there is reliable soil moisture throughout spring and summer.
- Garden care: Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Avoid moving the plant since it resents disturbance. Where necessary lift and divide congested clumps in early spring.
There are currently no articles for this item.