Pulmonaria 'Sissinghurst White'
- Position: full or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: white-spotted leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delicate, pure-white, funnel-shaped flowers in early spring and white-spotted, bright-green leaves. This dainty pulmonaria is perfect for shady areas. One of the first to flower, it looks lovely alongside dwarf narcissus. Best in a soil that remains moist over summer, since mildew can take hold if the roots dry out.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.
‘One year's seed is seven year's weed’, or so the saying goes, so the most important thing an organic gardener (and non-organic gardener for that matter) can do is prevent weeds from flowering and setting seed. A horrifying example of...Read full article