Vinca major 'Variegata'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any but very dry soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to September
- Flower colour: blue-violet or dark-violet
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, blue-violet or dark violet flowers on arching shoots from April to September and dark green leaves with creamy-white margins. This vigorous, variegated, evergreen shrub is attractive groundcover for large expanses of ground. Flowering best in full sun, it's a useful low-maintenance choice for sloping banks that are hard to mow.
- Garden care: To prevent the plant from becoming invasive cut back any unwanted shoots in spring.
‘One year's seed is seven year's weed’, or so the saying goes, so the most important thing an organic gardener (and non-organic gardener for that matter) can do is prevent weeds from flowering and setting seed. A horrifying example of this is chickweed,Read full article
The following notes can be used as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. It's timely advice if you have any of the following in your garden. Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, BuddlejaRead full article