- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile or poor, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to June
- Flower colour: blue
- Hardiness: fully hardy (biennial)
Loose clusters of yellow-eyed, azure-blue flowers appear from early spring above the lance-shaped, grey-green leaves. This beautiful biennial forget-me-not is excellent for edging pathways or for under-planting spring flowering bulbs such as tulips or daffodils. Thriving in sun or partial shade, it looks lovely at the front of a mixed, herbaceous or wildflower border.
- Garden care: Sow the seed directly into the border where they are to grow in late spring or early summer. The bed should be well prepared and the seed sown thinly into shallow drills set 25cm cm apart. When large enough to handle, thin the seedlings to 15cm. Maintain the soil moisture until the seeds have germinated, but avoid excessive waterlogging. Plants will flower in their second year and often self-seed freely.
- Sow: April-June
- Flowering: April-June
- Approximate quantity: 300 seeds
There are currently no articles for this item.