Invaluable in the wildflower garden or meadow as it is loved by pollinating insects; does well in flower borders; deserves a whirl in containers as it flowers for a long period
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: toothed, dark green leaves, excellent informal cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Large, white, daisy-like flowers with yellow centres on long stalks. This native wildflower is commonly found growing in bold swathes on grassy banks and roadside verges from June to August. Perfect for naturalising in a sunny wildflower meadow, where it will create a carpet of flowers. This packet contains enough seeds for 1sq m of meadow - more if they are started off in a seed tray and grown on a little before planting out.
- Garden care: Divide over-congested clumps in autumn or spring.
- Sow: March - October
- Flowering: May - July
- Approximate quantity: 1350 seeds.