- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to October
- Flower colour: pure white
- Other features:long lasting cut flower
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Lovely, pure white flowers form in big, flat-topped clusters, which resemble lace-cap hydrangeas. They appear throughout the summer above the fine, fern-like foliage. This gorgeous hardy annual has an extremely long flowering period and if deadheaded regularly, will often flower until the first frosts. It is often seen in dry, grassy fields and olive groves throughout the Mediterranean so it is particularly good in wild gardens.
- Garden care: Feed with a liquid fertiliser every two weeks when it is actively growing. Once the plant has finished flowering you can collect the seed and sow immediately to propagate more plants for the following year.
If you do nothing else...water new plants. Make sure new additions do not suffer during dry spells. Plant up summer containers bedding once the threat of frosts has passed. Feed container plants about six weeks after planting. If it’s a nice day...trim heRead full article