- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flower colour: rosy-purple or white
- Other features: the seedheads are highly attractive to goldfinches; excellent for use in dried flower arrangements
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This charming native teasel is perfect for a sunny wildflower border since the rosy-purple thistle-like flowers and ripening seedheads are a magnet for bees and goldfinches. By choosing these seeds you can help Landlife to protect existing wildflower areas and develop new sites where wildflowers can grow.
- Garden care: Gather flower-heads for use in dried flower arrangements from mid to late-summer before the seedheads begin to ripen.
- Sow: March - October
- Flowering: June - August
- Approximate quantity: 120 seeds.