- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Primarily grown for its evergreen foliage, this low-growing plant will soon knit together to form a lush, dark green carpet. In late spring or early summer the short spikes of deep blue flowers will also put on a very pretty show. A valuable and versatile plant that can be used to soften the edges of a path, fill gaps in a paved area, spill over the edges of a pot, or create interest in bare patches at the front of a border.
- Garden care: Sow thinly in a lidded propagator, just covering the seed with a sprinkling of compost before placing in a greenhouse or conservatory. Germination can be a little slow (usually within a month), but for best results keep the soil moist but not waterlogged at temperatures between 10 and 16°C. Prick out when large enough to handle and grow on in small pots before planting out in summer. Protect the young plants from slugs and snails and avoid overhead watering while still in the seedling stage.
- Sow: March - May or September - October
- Flowering: May-June
- Approximate quantity: 50 seeds