Anemone × hybrida 'Honorine Jobert'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moist, fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: August to October
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Up to 11 white petals, tinged pink, make up the glorious late summer and autumn flowers. The outer petals are broad and overlapping, while the inner ones are usually twisted and thinner.
- Garden care: Cut back the stalks after the flowers have faded, and tidy up old dead leaves in March. Apply a generous 5-7cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant in spring. Avoid moving the plant since it resents disturbance. Where necessary lift and divide congested clumps in early spring.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
The traditional cottage garden was an intensive, yet carefree mixture of fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers all crowded into a tiny space. Today, this informal charm can be recreated using modern varieties that largely take care of themselves around anRead full article
Create an ‘outside room’ that overcomes the three challenges of shade, exposure and lack of space using uplifting, shade-tolerant shrubs, perennials and bulbs. A sense of seclusion can be achieved with decorative screens and trellis covered in deciduous,Read full article