Stachys officinalis 'Hummelo'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This is a clump-forming perennial, which is mainly grown for the rose-lavender flowers which appear in summer. These flowers are held on upright spikes above the rosettes of dark green leaves and act as a magnet for bees. It provides great groundcover which is ideal for filling gaps at the front of the border.
- Garden care: Removing the spent flowers will encourage more to form and a light trim after flowering will help keep the plant tidy. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Stachys officinalis 'Hummelo':
Saw this plant growing at Wakehurst Place and was impressed. I am using it as ground cover between Lavatera shrubs in a part shaded border.
- Your Gardening Experience:
There are currently no articles for this item.