Stachys officinalis 'Hummelo'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained, moderately fertile soil
- Rate of Growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flowers: pinky- purple
- Other Features: flowers attract bees
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This clump-forming perennial is mainly grown for the rose-lavender flowers which appear in summer. These flowers are held on upright spikes above the rosettes of dark green leaves and act as a magnet for bees. It provides great groundcover which is ideal for supressing weeds and filling gaps at the front of the border.
- Garden care: Removing the spent flowers will encourage more to form and a light trim after flowering will help keep the plant tidy. Lift and divide large clumps in early spring.
There are currently no articles for this item.