arrow bamboo 'japonica'
The beginner’s bamboo - pointed large leaves top tightly packed thin canes casting a magic lantern flickering light and shade show in winter sun
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast growing
- Leaves: dark green, oblong
- Canes: olive green, maturing to pale beige and dark green
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Tall, vigorous bamboo with olive canes maturing to pale beige and dark green oblong leaves. Arrow bamboo is one of the most wind and shade tolerant varieties. Broadly upright in habit, as long as the roots are surrounded with a non-perishable barrier it makes an attractive screen or windbreak for moist, well-drained areas of the garden.
- Garden care: Plant in a large container or surround the roots with a non-perishable barrier that restricts the plant's spread