cheal's weeping cherry
- Position: full sun
- Soil: tolerates most soils
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: bright pink
- Other features: retains shape well
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Weeping branches are covered in pink buds, opening to clusters of double pink flowers in mid- to late spring. Young bronze leaves turn glossy green in summer. This magnificent weeping tree is ideal for a small garden, as a specimen in the lawn or by a stream or pool.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly. Prune in summer to reduce the risk of silver leaf and bacterial canker. Cut back any dead, diseased or branches which cross to healthy wood.
Early-summer- flowering shrubs can be pruned this month to keep them vigorous and flowering well. It is also the ideal time to prune several trees that are prone to bleeding if pruned at other times, and it’s not too late to complete the pruning jobs forRead full article