20% off plants
- Standard £4.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: will tolerate most soils, except very chalky or badly drained
- Rate of growth: slow growing
- Ultimate size on VVA-1 rootstock: 3 x 3m (10x10ft)
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: white
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A strong-growing, self-fertile plum, that is similar to Victoria, but produces larger fruits, which will be ready to pick aproximately one week earlier. This bush has been grafted onto VVA-1 rootstock, which produces a plant that is similar in size to those grafted onto 'Pixy' rootstock. They also tend to produce a higher yeild of larger fruit on plants that show a better winter hardiness. The dwarfing rootstock will produce a handsome tree that is ideal for smaller gardens.
- Garden care: When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.
Stone fruits like the plum should be pruned in the summer because they are prone to a disease called Silver Leaf which enters through cuts. If you prune in late summer, the sap is slowing but is still running fast enoughenough to seal up any wounds. Check and remove any damaged, diseased or broken branches.
There are currently no articles for this item.