apple - self fertile
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast-growing
- Ultimate size on MM106 rootstock: 5.5 x 5.5m (18 x 18ft)
- Ultimate size on M27 rootstock: 1.8 x 1.8m (6x6ft)
- Flowering period: April and May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Pollination Group: C - flowering mid to late season
This is perfect for smaller gardens as you dont need another tree to produce a bumber crop of sweet, crisp and aromatic fruits that are ready to eat in September. It will be happy in a large pot, as long as it is kep well fed and watered, and it has a good resistance to many of the common diseases. We think it is going to be very popular.
- Garden care: Keep the base of the tree weed free, fertilise at the beginning of each year and water regularly during hot, dry spells. Remove damaged or crossing branches during the dormant season.
- Pollination Information: This apple belongs to pollination group C, however it is self fertile, so does not need a pollinating partner to produce a bumper crop of apples. It can also be used to cross-pollinate with other apples in this group.
There are currently no articles for this item.