Narcissus 'Yellow Cheerfulness'
double daffodil bulbs
- Bulb orders £2.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March and April
- Flower colour: golden-yellow
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 12/14
Stems of up to four fragrant, double, golden-yellow flowers in March and April and narrow, strap-shaped leaves. These double narcissus look great in small drifts in a mixed or shrub border. Planted 10-15cm (4-6in) deep in early autumn they flower best in full sun in fertile, well-drained soil that remains moist during winter and spring.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms.Read full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article
One of the great things about gardening is being able to look into the future with enthusiasm, and part of that is planting now for next spring. A gardener knows, when handling papery brown bulbs, that these insignificant little things will produce earlyRead full article
It’s far too easy to keep ordering the same old thing, but it’s really worth experimenting because new bulbs are being released all the time, whilst some of the tried and tested are beginning to break down. The best way to try something new is to grow tenRead full article