Narcissus 'Yellow Cheerfulness'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March and April
- Flower colour: golden-yellow
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers; contact with the sap may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 10/12
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm (4-6in) deep from late summer to early autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head and allow the leaves to die back naturally.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Stems of up to four fragrant, double, golden-yellow flowers in March and April and narrow, strap-shaped leaves. These double narcissus look great in small drifts in a mixed or shrub border. Planted 10-15cm (4-6in) deep in early autumn they flower best in full sun in fertile, well-drained soil that remains moist during winter and spring.
Symptoms Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms. Cause Occasionally this is caused by...Read full article