Narcissus 'Silver Chimes'
jonquilla daffodil bulbs
Dark stems hold up to ten small flowers with pristine white petals surrounding primrose-yellow middles.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: white petals and pale yellow cup
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 10/12
Up to 10 sweetly scented, nodding flowers, each with a broad, creamy white perianth and a small, pale yellow cup, top stems in mid- and late spring.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs ability to store energy for the following year's flowers.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Symptoms Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms. Cause Occasionally this is caused by...Read full article
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm...Read full article