Narcissus 'Silver Chimes'
jonquilla daffodil bulbs
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April
- Flower colour: white petals and pale yellow cup
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 10/12
Up to 10 sweetly scented, nodding flowers, each with a broad, creamy white perianth and a small, pale yellow cup, top stems in mid- and late spring.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs ability to store energy for the following year's flowers.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms.Read full article
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article