jonquilla daffodil bulbs
- Bulb orders £2.99
- Click & collect FREE
A fully-petalled fragrant jonquil with white petals gathered round a swirling soft-lemon centre - delicious in a wild, romatic setting.
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March - April
- Flower colour: white petals with a green eye
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 14/16
This bulb is making its world premier with Crocus this year, as it has just been developed by our specialist grower in Holland. Named after the growers daughter, it has white petals and an astonishing green eye. We think it is the first in this group of daffodils to have this colouring, so it is very special. You usually get one to three flowers one each sturdy stem.
- Garden care: Wearing gloves plant bulbs 10-15cm deep and 10cm apart in autumn. After flowering feed with a balanced fertiliser, dead-head the flowers, but do not be tempted to cut back or tidy the foliage after flowering as this will interfere with the bulbs ability to store energy for the following year's flowers.
- Harmful if eaten/skin irritant
Bulbs produce lovely foliage but no flowers. Either no buds at all appear or those that do are dry and virtually empty of petals. Daffodils (Narcissi) are usually the worst affects, especially multi-headed or double forms.Read full article
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article
If rabbits, deer, squirrels or cats devour or scratch up your plants these wire mesh protectors will give them time to get established. The pyramid-shaped 'Rabbit Proof Cloche' and dome-shaped 'Squirrel Proof Cloche'Read full article