Hedera helix 'Glacier'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: October and November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This popular ivy has small, three to five-lobed, grey-green leaves with silver-grey and cream markings. It's a versatile, evergreen climber that will snake up a shady or sunny wall without support. Mature plants have clusters of yellowish-green, autumn flowers, followed by spherical black fruit.
- Garden care: Water specimens grown as houseplants regularly during the growing season, providing a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Keep moist during the winter months. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy
The following notes can be used as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. It's timely advice if you have any of the following in your garden. Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, BuddlejaRead full article
The garden is at its most dormant right now, so it’s a good time to catch up on any pruning missed or forgotten since the autumn. If the weather isn’t favourable, you can leave it for a week or two, but make sure all winter pruning is completed before theRead full article