Hedera helix 'Glacier'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, preferably alkaline, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: October and November
- Hardiness: fully hardy
This popular ivy has small, three to five-lobed, grey-green leaves with silver-grey and cream markings. It's a versatile, evergreen climber that will snake up a shady or sunny wall without support. Mature plants have clusters of yellowish-green, autumn flowers, followed by spherical black fruit.
- Garden care: Water specimens grown as houseplants regularly during the growing season, providing a balanced liquid fertiliser each month. Keep moist during the winter months. Plants may be pruned at any time of the year to keep within bounds.
- Harmful if eaten/may cause skin allergy
Use the following notes as a guide when pruning trees, shrubs and climbers in your garden during the month of March. I’ve included timely advice on Abeliophyllum, Artemesia, Brachyglottis, Brunfelsia, Buddleja, Ceanothus, Clematis, Colutea, Cotinus, Daphne, Eccremocarpus, Elsholtzia, ...Read full article