Gleditsia triacanthos 'Sunburst'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: all well-drained soils
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: inconspicuous white
- Other features: doesn't produce fruit
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A fast-growing tree with golden yellow, spring foliage which darkens to pale green but then turns butter yellow in autumn. It is a thornless variety that is tough enough to be plant in city gardens as it is quite tolerant of pollution. A fast-growing tree that is one of the most effective golden trees.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.
October sees the start of the dormant season which is the best time to prune lots of deciduous garden trees. You can prune newly planted trees to remove any damaged growth and help balance the shape of the canopy as well as maintain a dominant main leaderRead full article