Gleditsia triacanthos 'Sunburst'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: all well-drained soils
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: inconspicuous white
- Other features: doesn't produce fruit
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A fast-growing tree with golden yellow, spring foliage which darkens to pale green but then turns butter yellow in autumn. It is a thornless variety that is tough enough to be plant in city gardens as it is quite tolerant of pollution. A fast-growing tree that is one of the most effective golden trees.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. Remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches in late autumn or winter. When planting incorporate lots of well-rotted garden compost in the planting hole and stake firmly.