Gladiolus 'Green Star'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: lime green
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Showy upright spikes of lime green, ruffled flowers appear from midsummer, creating a vibrant contrast to rich shades of purple, plum and blue. A florists favourite, gladiolus make wonderful additions to fresh arrangements.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 25cm apart on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown, dip the corms in fungicide and store in a dry, frost-free place over winter
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.