Gladiolus 'Green Star'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to September
- Flower colour: lime green
- Other features: excellent cut-flowers
- Hardiness: half hardy (will need winter protection)
Showy upright spikes of lime green, ruffled flowers appear from midsummer, creating a vibrant contrast to rich shades of purple, plum and blue. A florists favourite, gladiolus make wonderful additions to fresh arrangements.
- Garden care: Plant corms 10-15cm (4-6in) deep and 25cm apart on a bed of sharp sand to aid drainage. In frost-prone areas, lift them when the leaves turn yellow-brown, dip the corms in fungicide and store in a dry, frost-free place over winter
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article