Cistus × hybridus
Rock Rose ( Cistus × corbariensis )
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: tolerates chalky soil and salt-laden air
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Mounds of wavy-margined, evergreen leaves are accompanied by yellow-centred, papery white flowers, which emerge from crimson buds in June to July. This wonderful, bushy rock rose is one of the hardiest, compact varieties. It is ideal for a large, patio container or a sunny, shrub border, but it does require protection from harsh winds.
- Garden care: After flowering pinch back young plant to encourage a bushy habit. Lightly trim or cut back any stems that spoil the symmetry of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.