- Position: full sun
- Soil: well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Flower colour: pure white
- Other features: peeling, pale brown bark
- Hardiness: frost hardy (needs winter protection)
Fabulously fragrant, cup-shaped, pure white, anemone-like flowers in June and July and lustrous, dark green leaves. This summer-flowering, evergreen shrub looks marvellous grown against a sheltered, south or west-facing wall, protected from cold, drying winds. It's upright then slightly spreading form is perfect for training into a fan-shape.
- Garden care: After pruning lightly cut back any shoots that spoil the symmetry of the plant.
Prevention is better than cure with diseases in the garden so keep your plants growing as strongly as possible – allowing them to fight off infections naturally. A weak plant is much more likely to fall prey than a good,...Read full article