Brunnera macrophylla 'Jack Frost' (PBR)
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: April to May
- Hardiness: fully hardy
In early spring, large, mid-green, heart-shaped leaves that look as though they have been dusted with silver appear, followed by tall sprays of tiny, bright blue, forget-me-not-like flowers. For the best variegation, a sheltered, shady site is essential. Although it prefers moist conditions, brunnera will tolerate dry soil once established, and will spread to form a large clump. This is a gorgeous groundcover plant for the front of a border, or lighting up moist, shady areas under the canopy of deciduous trees, or for edging a woodland path.
- Garden care: Cut back to the base of the plant any stems with leaves that revert to plain green. Lift and divide the plant every two or three years in late autumn.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Crocus Brunnera macrophylla'Jack Frost (PBR)':
I bought it on the open day last weekend. Never even noticed it in the online catalogue! I guess it's not easy to capture the beauty of it in pictures. Such a lovely plant, the flowers are a beautiful shade of blue, they seem to glow. I like the foliage too. A must-have!
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless
There are currently no articles for this item.