Anemone coronaria 'Sylphide' (Mona Lisa Series)
- Bulb orders £2.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: light, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April
- Flower colour: magenta pink
- Other features: useful as cut flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/6
Exquisite bowl-shaped flowers form just above the low carpet of parsley-like folige in early spring. The petals are an irridescent shade of pink and they surround boss of rich purple stamens - overall a very pretty effect. Use them with taller-stemmed tulips, which can soar above.
- Garden care: Soak the tubers overnight in cool water and plant them in naturalistic drifts (it doesn't matter which way up) 5cm deep and 15cm apart from September to November. Ideally you should choose a spot where they can be left undisturbed so they can naturalise and spread. Avoid excessively wet conditions when dormant.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article