Anemone coronaria De Caen Group Mixed
- Bulb orders £2.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: light, sandy soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to April (or June to July if planted in spring)
- Flower colour: red, blue-violet and white
- Other features: useful as cut flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 5/6
Shallow bowl-shaped flowers in shades of red, blue-violet and white appear from March to April above the deeply divided, fresh green leaves. These pretty poppy-flowered anemones make charming cut flowers. They are ideal for a sheltered, sunny site.
- Garden care: Plant pre-soaked tubers 5-8cm (2-3in) deep and 15cm apart in September or October in light, sandy soil in a sunny, protected site. Cover with a cloche or dry mulch to protect against extreme winter weather. If you want them to flower in summer, the tubers can be planted out in spring.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Anemone coronaria De Caen Group Mixed:
We planted the bulbs in September and the leaves came up a month or two later. Today, 10 March the first flower is out - a vibrant pink and I can see many more buds about to bloom - happy days!
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Real novice
- Primary use:
Spring bulbs, such as daffodils and hyacinths, can be planted whenever the soil conditions allow. As a rough guide, cover them with about twice as much soil as the bulb is deep: so that a 5cm (2in) deep bulb would need a 15cm (6in) deep hole so that itRead full article
Bulbs are ideal for anyone who rates themselves as 'keen-but-clueless' because they are one of the easiest plants to grow. Provided you plant them at the right time of year at more or less the right depth, they will reward you year after year with a relRead full article