Ammi visnaga 'Green Mist'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to September
- Flower colour: greenish-white
- Hardiness: hardy annual
Mounds of finely cut, filigree foliage clothe sturdy, upright stems that are topped with big (up to 12cm across) flower clusters. Initially flattened and lime green, these flowerheads gradually become dome-shaped, and open to greenish-white flowers. Their colouring acts as a wonderful foil for intense shades of plum and purple and the flowers last well after being cut and added to the vase.
- Garden care:Fill trays with good quality compost and lightly cover the seeds. Water, and place in a cold frame or greenhouse. Pot on when they have put on their first true leaves and then harden off before planting out after the frosts have passed. Alternatively sow direct in late spring or early summer and thin out to 20-30cm as they grow. Seeds sown in autumn and overwintered in a cold frame, will produce bigger plants which will flower earlier in the year, than those sown in spring.
- Sow: October-November or March-May
- Flowering: June-September
- Approximate quantity: 200 seeds.
Everyone's in love with frothy planting these days, light and airy concoctions that seem to float through the border like a soft summer breeze. Many of these gauzy beauties are umbellifers, members of the cow parsley tribe. They are blessed with tiny floRead full article
If you are wanting to have a go at growing seeds then the easiest of all are the annuals because they are programmed to germinate, flower and set seed within one year - therefore they pop up easily because there’s no time to waste. Most will provide nectaRead full article