Alstroemeria (Planet Series) 'Venus'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow growing to average
- Flowering period: June and July
- Other features: contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Creamy white petals, that are infused with pink, surround the more colourful inner petals, which also have yellow flashes and small maroon streaks. A very pretty Peruvian lily that will blend easily with pastel shades, stronger pinks or white. They are excellent for cutting too.
- Garden care: Newly planted Alstroemerias should be given a very generous 20cm (8") deep mulch of chipped bark in their first winter to help the plants become established. In subsequent autumns, provide a dry mulch of bracken or bark chippings will help protect the crowns. After flowering cut back the faded flower-stems, but make sure you always wear gloves when working with Peruvian lilies, as contact with the foliage may cause skin irritation.
- May cause skin allergy
There are currently no articles for this item.