Epimedium grandiflorum 'Lilafee'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: violet-purple
- Other features: the leaves are valuable for winter flower displays
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Sprays of tiny lilac-purple spring flowers suspended on delicate, wiry stems above bronze-flushed, light-green leaves. This elegant foliage plant is perfect for a lightly shaded site, with moist soil. Handsome leaves resembling lopsided hearts look lovely at the front of a shady border or growing next to woodland plants.
- Garden care: In early spring remove dead and damaged leaves before the flowers appear and apply a thick mulch of compost or well rotted compost around the crown of the plant. Lift and divide large clumps in autumn.
There are currently no articles for this item.