- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: deep, fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: July to August
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Enormous, deeply lobed leaves, that can grow up to 1m long form impressive clumps, from which tall flowerspikes emerge in late summer. These are clothed in white flowers, each with a hood-like purple bract, creating a two-tone effect. This vigorous perennial has a striking architectural presence and the flowers can be used in both fresh and dried arrangements.
- Garden care: To minimise the risk of powdery mildew taking hold ensure that the plant is watered well during hot, dry spells.To rejuvenate and minimise congestion, lift and divide large clumps in autumn or spring.