Abelia × grandiflora 'Kaleidoscope' (PBR)
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to October
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need protection in winter)
Grown primarily for its colourful foliage, which starts off in spring as a mix of bright yellow and green. During the summer the colour intensifies and deepens, and then in autumn shades of orange and red creep in. To top it off, it produces small pink-tinted white flowers, which emerge from pink buds, over a long period in summer and autumn. A low-growing, semi-evergreen shrub, that will help beef things up in the shrub border.
- Garden care: Deadhead regularly to prolong flowering. In autumn after flowering, lightly trim back the flowered shoots to retaina neat and tidy shape. Remove any dead or damaged wood in April.
There are currently no articles for this item.