Zantedeschia 'Odessa' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, reliably moist soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: deep plum (near-black)
- Other features: all parts may cause stomach ache if eaten and the sap can irritate the skin
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Deep plum coloured flowers, which look almost black in low light, are held on rich green stems above the clumps of lightly spotted, mid-green foliage. Its compact habit makes it a handsome specimen for pots and containers on a sunny patio.
- Garden care: Plant the tubers 7-10cm deep and 30cm apart into rich soil or good quality potting compost. Water sparingly until new shoots start to emerge and then start to water more regularly. Apply a deep mulch in autumn or if grown in pots, move to a sheltered spot during the winter.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant