Zantedeschia 'Captain Romance' (PBR) (Captain Series)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, reliably moist soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May to June
- Flower colour: pink
- Other features: all parts may cause stomach ache if eaten and the sap can irritate the skin
- Hardiness: borderline hardy (may need winter protection)
Green flushed at their base, the rich pink spathes of this beautiful arum lily surround contrasting, golden yellow spadices and will mix easily with most shades of pink, blue and purple. Originating from southern Africa where they are found colonising reliably moist soils or lake margins, these elegant perennials look beautiful in the border, but are also excellent for cutting and adding to a vase.
- Garden care: Plant the tubers 7-10cm deep and 30cm apart into rich soil or good quality potting compost. Water sparingly until new shoots start to emerge and then start to water more regularly. Apply a deep mulch in autumn.
- Harmful if eaten/skin & eye irritant