Weigela 'Nana Variegata'
weigela / weigelia
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing to average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Masses of funnel-shaped, pale pink flowers on graceful arching stems in May and June and white-edged, grey-green leaves. Although this pretty, variegated shrub prefers fertile, well-drained soil it will thrive almost anywhere. Best pruned each year in mid-summer, it looks lovely grown in front of a sunny fence or wall.
- Garden care: Once established prune each year in mid-summer after flowering, removing one or two of the older stems to the base and cutting back the flowered stems to strong shoots below the spent flowers.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
Comments about Weigela 'Nana Variegata':
I bought this for my ex husband (yes we're on good terms!), as we'd had one when we were married and he really liked it.
I couldn't plant it for a couple of weeks, which obviously wasn't ideal,but it was very tolerant of the cramped conditions.
When I was able to plant it, it showed its appreciation by flowering for about 6 weeks.It's been very happy ever since.
- Your Gardening Experience:
- Keen but clueless
Many of the earlier-flowering summer shrubs make good partners for shrub roses. They tend to be in the same colour range: sometimes flowering just before and sometimes with the main flush, but often fragrantly. Abelia, Deutzias and Kolkwitzias fall into tRead full article