Rudbeckia fulgida var. sullivantii 'Little Goldstar'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: moderately fertile, preferably heavy but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: July to October
- Flower colour: orange-yellow
- Other features: toothed, mid-green leaves; excellent, long lasting cut-flowers
- Hardiness: fully hardy
A recent introduction, this is a compact black-eyed Susan that will put on a particularly abundant display of flowers from midsummer. The yellow daisy-like flowers look luminous sitting on top of stout branching stems, which rise above the bushy mounds of lush green foliage. Standing just knee high, it is ideal for pots and containers, as well as prolonging the seasonal interest towards the front of the mixed or herbaceous border.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies in autumn or spring.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
September is a jewel-box month when the garden begins to sparkle due to perfectly balanced days and nights. This sharp, crystal-clear light enhances rich pinks, subtle blues, golden yellows and mahogany reds and the colours seem to intensify as SeptemberRead full article