Robinia pseudoacacia 'Frisia'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: May and June
- Flower colour: white
- Other features: autumn colour
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Glorious, almost fluorescent-yellow foliage turning yellow-green in summer, then orange-yellow in autumn and clusters of fragrant, white flowers in late-spring and early summer. This vigorous, broadly columnar tree makes an excellent specimen for a sunny, suburban garden. Shelter from strong winds and avoid disturbing the roots, since the tree is prone to suckering.
- Garden care: On trees trained as a central-leader standard any competing leaders should be removed as soon as possible in mid- to late-summer. On established trees pruning is best kept to a minimum as large pruning cuts don't heal well. Remove suckers early on.
- Harmful if eaten