Ranunculus 'Paeony mixed'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, moist but freely draining
- Rate of growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: May to June
- Hardiness: fully hardy
- Bulb size: 7/8
Great dollops of colour top the upright stems of this fantastic collection of ranunculus from early summer. They come in lots of vibrant shades including red, pink, yellow, orange and white, so add lashings of colour to the bedding scheme. They also look smart in pots.
- Garden care: Plant the tallon-like corms in autumn or spring 8cm deep and a similar distance apart with their 'fingers' facing downwards.
- CAUTION do not eat ornamental bulbs
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Early Flowers
- Look Tired By Flowering T
- Plants Floppy
Comments about Crocus Ranunculus'Paeony mixed':
I bought these on a whim because they were cheap. I planted them individually in many pots and they grew strongly all winter in my unheated greenhouse. The plants became quite large and looked healthy. They produced many buds and have now begun to flower well (late March). The flowers are all sorts of colours and last well in water. My only disappointment is that the plants have started to look a bit tired and some of the leaves are yellowing, but maybe that's what happens as they flower (like allium for example) or it could be that the greenhouse has become too hot. I have since learnt that they are best in an alpine house. I would recommend them, though, for filling a greenhouse with plants and colour before you need the space for seedlings and so on in the spring.
- Your Gardening Experience: