Pulmonaria 'Blue Ensign'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: humus-rich, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: March to May
- Flower colour: blue-violet
- Other features: dark green, unspotted leaves
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Delightful, large blue-violet flowers borne in spring above unspotted, dark green foliage. An excellent groundcover plant for a shady spot. Choose a place where the soil retains moisture over the summer and where the bright flowers can be fully appreciated.
- Garden care: Lift and divide large clumps every three to five years after flowering or in autumn. Cut back plants affected by mildew to the ground, water and feed - the plant will regenerate and produce new leaves later in the year.
‘One year's seed is seven year's weed’, or so the saying goes, so the most important thing an organic gardener (and non-organic gardener for that matter) can do is prevent weeds from flowering and setting seed. A horrifying example of...Read full article