Pittosporum tenuifolium 'Golf Ball' (PBR)
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: May and June
- Other features: the flowers are followed by grey-black seed capsules
- Hardiness: frost hardy (may need winter protection)
Forming a neat, rounded mound, this evergreen shrub is ideal for adding structure and architectural interest to the planting scheme. The foliage is a fresh mint green and this is complimented by small brownish-purple flowers, which appear in late spring and early summer, filling the air with their sweet, honey-like scent.
- Garden care: Requires minimal pruning. To thin or reduce growth prune mid-spring and apply a generous 5-7 cm (2-3in) mulch of well-rotted garden compost or manure around the base of the plant.
There are currently no articles for this item.