Penstemon digitalis 'Husker Red'
- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flower colour: pink-tinged, white flowers
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection in cold areas)
- Garden care: Remove the faded blooms regularly to prolong flowering. Cut back and compost the spent flower stems in autumn and apply a dry mulch around the crown of the plant to protect against frost damage
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
The traditional cottage garden was an intensive, yet carefree mixture of fruit, vegetables, herbs and flowers all crowded into a tiny space. Today, this informal charm can be recreated using modern varieties that largely take care of themselves around anRead full article