Panicum virgatum 'Rehbraun'
- Standard £4.99
- Next / named day £6.99
- Click & collect FREE
- Position: full sun
- Soil: moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: average
- Flowering period: August and September
- Flower colour: purple-green
- Other features: striking autumn colour
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Pendent clusters of tiny, purple-green spikelets and upright mid-green leaves turning rich reddish-purple in autumn. This deciduous ornamental grass is renowned for its striking autumn colour. One of our recommended plants, it's perfect for providing vertical interest in a sunny, well-drained new perennial border.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies between mid-spring and summer
As the days shorten, the autumn sun sinks a little lower every day and begins to backlight the borders, picking up detail and silhouette. There’s plenty to enjoy,- seed heads, in autumnal shades of brown and silver take centre stage, often lasting until mRead full article