Omphalodes cappadocica 'Starry Eyes'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: moist, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: March and April
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Sprays of gentian-blue, star-shaped flowers with a pale lilac edge appear in March and April among heart-shaped, mid-green leaves. This fast-growing, evergreen perennial will quickly form a vivid carpet in areas between deciduous shrubs and trees. An excellent companion for ferns and other shade-loving woodland plants, it prefers moist, moderately fertile, humus-rich soil.
- Garden care: Incorporate lots of well-rotted leafmould, composted pine needles or garden compost when planting. Lift and divide congested colonies in spring.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Omphalodes cappadocica 'Starry Eyes':
Do not plant in an area that is visited by deer.
- Your Gardening Experience:
There are currently no articles for this item.