- Position: full sun or partial shade
- Soil: any moist, well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: April to May
- Flower colour: clear primrose yellow
- Other features: large, fragrant flowers
- Hardiness:fully hardy
A neat, conical, deciduous magnolia with dark green foliage that emerges with a distinct bronze hue. The large, fragrant, primrose yellow blooms are cup-shaped and appear in mid to late spring, both before and while the new leaves are emerging. A lovely magnolia for a small garden, where it looks super as either a specimen plant or incorporated into a large mixed border.
- Garden care: It requires minimal pruning. Simply remove any broken, diseased or crossing branches after flowering. Before planting, prepare the area well and dig in lots of composted organic matter. Mulch in spring with manure and leafmould, especially on dry soils.