Lythrum virgatum 'Dropmore Purple'
- Position: full sun
- Soil: fertile, deep, moist soil
- Rate of Growth: average to fast
- Flowering period: June to August
- Flowers: purple-red
- Other features: attracts wildlife
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Intense purple-red flowers appear on tall flower spikes from early summer above lance-shaped foliage. This is a spectacularly colourful plant for watersides, pond banks and woodland borders where the soil is reliably moist. It is a clump forming perennial that attracts butterflies, birds and bees to their nectar.
- Garden Care: It self-seeds freely, so if you want to control its spread remove the flowerspikes as they fade.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
- Pool Area
Comments about Crocus Lythrum virgatum'Dropmore Purple':
Received a large healthy plant that I planted in a semi-shaded moist border. It was smothered in bright pinkish purple flowers that took on a luminous glow in low light conditions which really brightened up the space. Very pleased with this and hope it will be even bigger next year
- Your Gardening Experience: