- Position: partial to full shade
- Soil: poor to moderately-fertile,humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Providing attractive ground cover throughout the year, the slender, hairy leaves form loose clumps, which in midsummer are topped with tall stems carrying elegant clusters of white flowers. It self-seeds freely, so prompt dead-heading will be required if you want to keep the clump small.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies between April and June. Remove tatty foliage in autumn.
There are currently no 'goes well with' suggestions for this item.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Accurate Instructions
I have to say this is one of my favourite plants, it is a beautiful colour all year round, it is very striking when the dappled sun catches the hair on the leaves. It is very easy to keep, I have had no problems at all with this plant, it is a lovely sight during winter months. I have it in a north facing border next to a Rosa Rambling Rector and a couple of Tricyrtis. I would love to buy more of these but unfortunately I only have one small spot in my garden which provides shade! Never thought I would wish for a little more shade in my garden. I definitely recommend especially if you are inexperienced, you cannot go wrong with this little gem.
- Your Gardening Experience:
There are currently no articles for this item.