- Position: partial to full shade
- Soil: poor to moderately-fertile,humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: slow-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: fully hardy
Providing attractive ground cover throughout the year, the slender, hairy leaves form loose clumps, which in midsummer are topped with tall stems carrying elegant clusters of white flowers. It self-seeds freely, so prompt dead-heading will be required if you want to keep the clump small.
- Garden care: Lift and divide congested colonies between April and June. Remove tatty foliage in autumn.