Lophomyrtus × ralphii 'Magic Dragon'
- Position: partial shade
- Soil: fertile, humus-rich, moist but well-drained soil
- Rate of growth: fast-growing
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: frost hardy (will need winter protection)
This is an attractive evergreen shrub, with colourful foliage that will make a great year-round specimen in a large pot or sheltered shrub border. The small oval leaves are a lovely blend of burgundy, cream and pink, so they offer a good contrast to shrubs with plainer green foliage. When mature small white flowers with a delicate scent appear from early summer.
- Garden care: Remove dead, diseased or misplaced branches in late winter or early spring. Offer winter protection in cold or exposed positions and avoid overwatering during the colder months.
There are currently no articles for this item.